Thursday, August 12, 2010

Happens in a BLINK

My father-in-law passed away earlier this week and it has been a surreal experience. I truly understand that it will not really hit me until I walk into the house tomorrow night and I'm not met with his warm hug and infectious smile.

The last time we saw him our whole family was together celebrating his 80th birthday. And when I talked to my mother-in-law, she just said, "It was too soon."

Even 80 years of living is still not enough, it goes by so quickly. The Christian group, Revive, has a song called "Blink." It simply says, "It happens in a blink, it happens in a flash, it happens in the time it took to look back. I try to hold on tight, but there's no stopping time. What is it I've done with my life? It happens in a blink."

Homer Bryson Jr. lived his life. He traveled to places like Australia, Alaska, and the Holy Land. He wasn't afraid to experience new things, to live his dreams. And along the way, he blessed as many people as he could.

Life is short. Don't live it looking back with regrets. You can't get back yesterday. And tomorrow may never come. So you have just this moment, in the present, right now. You have today. What AWESOME thing are you going to do today?!? Because even a small awesome thing is still a WOW kind of thing.

Don't live even one more moment despairing over the past. Confess your faults and failures to God, and rest in His peace. Don't waste another second hoping that tomorrow will be the day. Today is THE day and it is a very precious gift from God. Don't waste it. This is what you have...just today, 24 hours.

Allow God to use you today to do something truly like HIM. Are you ready? Then.....GO!!!

[PHOTO CAPTION] Three Generations of Bryson Men--Homer Bryson Jr., his firstborn grandson, Ellis Bryson, and his oldest son, L. Sebastian Bryson smile for the camera after Dad's 80th birthday celebration in Rome, GA.

No comments:

Post a Comment