Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Daddy help me!

I love it when God meets me right where I am and He speaks His truth to me, and He makes it all right.

I was having one of those kinds of days today, and I turned to a devotional that I keep in my office and this is what God spoke to me, "Look to Jesus. Focus on Him instead of on the circumstances. Fill your mind with God's Word. Concentrate your attention on His promises. Yes, faith means taht you face reality--and then make a conscious choice to believe and trust God."

Boy, did I need that today. Sometimes when God gives you a vision, you have to hold fast and stay the course. But when you begin to waver, don't act like you have it all together. Run to Him! Cry out to Him. "Lord I cannot do this without You!" And you know what the answer will be...."My child, I never asked you to."

God tells us in Acts 1:8, "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere."

That is my heart's desire and God has given me a special burden to reach children with that message. I know that I serve a Savior who is truly my Redeemer. He transformed my life and gave me purpose.

So on my best day, I remember that nothing I accomplish is in my own strength and I have to give honor to God for what He is doing in and through my life. But on my worst day, I run to Him, crying, "Daddy help me." Even more, I feircely seek Him in order to draw reassurance from His presence that He is with me, that He still sees all and knows all. He confirms for me the vision and sends me out again to do His work.

I am grateful every day of my life that I have a personal relationship with God. I love Him!

So my WOW Moment today is....He is my refuge and strength, my ever-present help in troubled times. Therefore, I will not be afraid!"

No comments:

Post a Comment