Friday, September 23, 2011

Oh that you would bless me...

WOW! and WOW! I hope you have had some encounters with God in your life that takes your breath away. I was so wowed by God this morning that I had to share it.

Typically when I get ready to start a new personal study, I go into the Christian bookstore, look through the titles, read the back covers, and kind of try to find something that fits some area of my life I'm currently dealing with or something that I think I need to work on. And without fail, (except once....it's a long story), the study I pick seems tailor-made for me. Now, if that alone doesn't make you say "WOW! God"....Think about that. Some of those studies were printed years in advance and yet when I read it, it speaks to me as if God Himself penned it to speak directly to me.

This month I've been working my way through the Beth Moore study, "Believing God." I've already had several times when I had to remind myself that I don't know this woman, yet she is speaking truth directly into my situation.

Yesterday, I met with one of the translators who is working on putting my kids book into Haitian Creole. (If you don't know about that, check out the book's Facebook page or see my website in a couple of weeks). She made a comment to me as we were talking about what moves my heart as it relates to this project of providing biblical truth to Haitian kids in their own language. She said,
"It is like the prayer of Jabez. God is going to enlarge your territory."

I open up my Bible Study today and the Scripture is "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." 1 Chronicles 4:10

I think I almost fell out of my chair. This study went into its 10th printing in September 2010. It was originally printed in 2004. That means that 7 years ago, God knew that on Sept. 23, 2011, I would need that word of confirmation. WOW!

To add to my gratefulness to my Father, who lavishes His grace so richly upon me, I was overcome yesterday to just sit and think that when I was in 5th grade writing in that green spiral notebook, God knew that one day that would lead to having a book translated into Creole. I could not have imagined, but not only did He know it, He ordained it from the beginning of time.

Praise and Glory to His Name.

That is my WOW Moment! What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment