Monday, September 26, 2011

God says "Move On"

OK....maybe it's just me, but God has really been speaking to me this week in very specific ways. And each time I am just amazed to the point that I have to write about it, to share it, just in case someone else needs to be encouraged, someone else needs to hear that same Word from the Lord.

Recently, my husband and I had been praying over a situation. On more than one occasion, we have had to agree with God that we are like dumb sheep ready to run off the cliff at any moment without guidance from the Shepherd's hand. Therefore, we had been earnestly seeking God and asking for direction.

We felt in a number of ways this weekend that God had made His answer plain to us. Then today, it was as if He were putting an exclamation point on His answer.

Part of my Bible Study assigned reading today was Exodus 14:12-15. The Israelites speaking to Moses said: "Didn't we say to you in Egypt, 'Leave us alone; let us serve the Egyptians'? It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the desert!" Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."

Okay...by this time I was about on the edge of my chair with anticipation, knowing I had one more verse to go. What was God up to? What was He going to say?

Verse 15 says, "Then the Lord said to Moses, "Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to MOVE ON!" (emphasis mine)

I had to be like one of those teen girls on TV...there was no one else around so I had to slap my computer and say "Shut....Up!" Then I cracked up laughing at God's way of saying, I've already given you the answer. When are you going to stop asking me for direction and MOVE ON!

I got the message. Absolutely! So I'm moving! I just feel that this Word isn't just for me. What situation is God saying to you, "Stop crying out to me! I've already answered your prayer. I've already shown you what to do or which way to go, now MOVE ON."

My prayer is that you will not waste another day where you, don't look back, but make the first step toward your Promised Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment