Thursday, September 16, 2010

Do you still stand in AWE of Him?

I attended a training on Saturday, that was totally AWESOME! And if you don't like that word, you're in bad shape...because I absolutely LOVE the word. The training was facilitated by Aaron Reynolds, author of "The Fabulous Revinvention of Sunday School." If you've never heard of him and you have a heart to minister to kids...find out who he is.

But it really wasn't about who he is, but what he reminded me of....my "take away" if you will from the training. Now...don't get me wrong, I've already told you that the training was what....you got it, totally AWESOME! I learned so much about storytelling and presentation that I'm trusting to transform my teaching the next time I'm in front of a group whether kids or adults.

But here is where he got me...straight in the heart. As he told the first story of the paralyptic whose friends lowered him through the roof of someone's house, so his life could be changed by Jesus. Do you have friends like that? Friends that will go to any lengths to introduce you to the Savior. WOW! But even deeper than that, are you that kind of friend? Are you willing to go through any lengths to introduce your friends to the Messiah.

Okay...but get this...that was deep...and really God just gave that to me as I was writing...but here's where I was blown away....when Aaron finished telling the story, he challenged us to be awed by God and His Word. I couldn't help but cry. I was moved. It was as if I had heard the story for the first time and then to cap it off, I was awestruck by how amazing our God is. And then Aaron reminded us that we should be blown away because the Bible is telling real stories of real people.

WOW! Stop for a moment and take that in. Have we read the story of David and Goliath so many times that we have forgotten that on a battlefield years ago, a young boy believed God so much that he went into battle to face a giant of a man with nothing more than a sling shot and his faith? When is the last time you read the story of the disciples in the story and failed to be as amazed as they were? Mark 4:41 says, "The disciples were absolutely terrified. "Who is this man?" they asked each other. "Even the wind and waves obey Him!""

Are you still awed by the Word of God? Does it still move you to tears when you read it? Or touch your heart? Or feel you with overwhelming gratitude or peace? Do you still get it...that the Creator wrote a personal love letter to YOU?

Don't let His Word become so mundane, so routine that it ceases to speak to your heart! Do you still stand in AWE of Him? I can't answer that question for you, but I hope you will spend some time today to answer that question for yourself.

God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment