Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Abba Father


I almost pinch myself each day thinking of how blessed I am to get to do what I do each day. In my personal life, I get to serve a God who is faithful 100% of the time. And the added bonus is in my vocation I also get to serve Him by sharing His message of reconciliation.

The pinnacle of doing what I do is getting to be a part of leading a child to faith in Christ, helping them to make the most important decision they will ever make in their lives. And the icing on the cake is getting to see that child baptized into the faith, making a public profession of the personal commitment they have made in their hearts.

I had a chance to witness that not long ago, and I just about shouted out of my seat. Not only did I receive the blessing of seeing two children baptized, but the perfect picture of God was painted by the pastor who baptized them.

As I watched him hold these children, I could only imagine what he whispered into their ears as he calmed their fears and reassured them that everything would be okay.

When I am unsure of my place in the world, or fear seems to overtake me, God is there. He is my "Abba, Father." And He does the same thing. He holds me close to let me feel His presence. He whispers reassuring words that bring comfort to my racing heart. He calms me as He prepares to take me to a deeper relationship.

WOW! We serve a mighty God. I am so glad He allows me to abide under the shadow of His wings. May you know His peace and presence today.

No comments:

Post a Comment